Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Le Cirque du Soleil: these guys know marketing...

I don't know you guys, but I love Cirque du Soleil: it is such a great group of people, performing with passion and bringing the ancient art of Circus back to the modern times.

IMGP1832

Ok, enough with the romantic stuff: let's talk business.
And here too, the Cirque is second to none: we will talk in a separate posting about their e-mailing techniques, very sophisticated and well orchestrated (do they work? Hmmm, yes... they got me to buy the tickets...)

What I love is that, paying via credit card on the web, they capture the address of the guests and use it for future, very targeted and relevant, emailing.

So, when they came to town few years ago, I decided to "invest" my hard earned cash in a ticket for the Cirque. And, alas, this year, they invite me to check out their new show in town... One postcard (cost of probably 25 cents or so) and they get people to purchase a 60$ ticket.

Let's see: the ROI (Return On Investment, for the normal people out there) is a meteoric 24,000% (that is 240 times the money put in). If they only get one person out of 100, they still make a very respectable 2.4 times ROI...

All this because somebody was smart enough to collect the names and organize a database... ups, databases again...(see previous posting, on birthdays).

Alles les gars, on y va au Cirque du Soleil.

K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home