Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Awesome Power of Testimonials (Part 2 of 2)

So, how we do it? How do we create a little army of testimonials marching over the competition? Oh… you should not have asked… you are opening the Pandora’s box…

There are many ways to ethically employ and exploit testimonials for the good of your business: let me give you one of my favorite, that I still did not see put in practice.

If I was still in sales, I would start carrying with me a “Success Binder”, a very precious book with transparent folders that I would fill with testimonial letters. See, every time I would get a letter, I would print it (from email) or just photocopy it and put it in the binder. Then, when I am meeting my prospect, even before starting to talk about my products, I would go thru my “Success Binder” with him/her, showing how many other people I already made happy.

Of course not only text works: pictures would add to the effect. Imagine you sell cars and you go thru your pages where you have pictures of happy families jumping in their new car you sold them, pictures of a student proudly taking possession of his first automobile, and then testimonial letters.

I am telling you, if anybody pulled this technique on me, I would be sold before even starting the sales pitch.

Why nobody does it? Hmm, not sure, maybe it requires too much discipline…

Happy collection of testimonials: we will talk more about this fascinating subject in the future.

Oh, by the way, if you like this blog, feel free to write your testimonial in the Comment field :-)

Mau in Texas

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply love it.
giusec at Copenhagen.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already told you once, I like your blog, I find it full of witty ideas, it's simply 'smart'.

Claudia

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a new mexico real estate site/blog. It pretty much covers new mexico real estate related stuff.



Come and check it out if you get time :-)

new mexico real estate Real Estate*

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While reading this I was reminded of volvo suv you should stop by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home