Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Can I have your name please?

I continue to wonder why so few companies ask for my information and then use it to create a stronger bond with me.

Having somebody coming to your shop, jewelry store, tires shop, car hand-washing place is good: but knowing where he/she lives is way better: one can start a communication, can send special offers to boost short term results, can make alliances with other companies to cross promote products that will be of interest for the clients.

Of course a valid self-serving reason has to be given to the prospect: but just receiving special offers reserved to customers is sufficient to convince a large number of people (me included) to sign up.

Next, a database will be needed to store the organized information: we'll talk about it in the near future.

Kramerilio in Tokyo airport, on my way to Seoul

4 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

castorama started to ask to customers to fill/say to cashier own CAP (postal code) to know where customers come from, send door2door catalogue, etc..
a first step?
ciao

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Mau said...

excellent news: like Radio Shack on my side of the Atlantic.

My dream would be for small businesses to start collecting those data: that would open for them new avenues for profits.

Ciao

K in Korea

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can confirm it works and it's getting more and more common. Just a few days ago during my nice weekend back in Milan I was buying a pair of shoes in Giorgio Armani's boutique and the shop assitant asked me: "Do we already have your name and address? If you provide us with your data we can enter it in our database and send you our catalogues and information on our events." Even if I don't expect to receive special offers from Giorgio Armani, how could I resist from being treated as one of Armani's frequent customers?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Mau said...

Thanx Claudia for the info: I agree, it's impossible to resist. Ehi, maybe Giorgio will show up one day to personally deliver your online order :)

A friend of mine bought a Gucci bag in Rome, no such request at that store yet

K in Korea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home