Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The first baggage on the carousel is fake

I saw this post from the Italian site [mini]marketing.it and it made me smile in delight: what a clever thought to get all the attention of the crowd we want to address (the post is here for our Italian speaking readers)

Airport. Baggage carousel. All the eyes are concentrated on the snake-like carpet, that start moving suddenly. We look at the carousel with great hope: we want our luggage to get the hell out of there and get back to our lives.

The first baggage is out: let me check if it's mine. Let me check very carefully.
Surprise: it's not a regular baggage - it's an advertising for a bank... and it surely got the attention of everybody looking at it.

"Everyone watched it go round and round." as bmann says...

The picture is here.

Mau in Austin

6 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

This is brilliant, isn't it!

Skip

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Mau said...

yeah especially if it advertises something the audience will need right away, like money exchange at international airport, English cab service at the Taipei airport, cold frappuccino at the Bangkok one etc

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mau, Frankly this would piss me off. I would think my luggage was delayed while the bank ran an ad. I would have negative feelings about this bank and would not use it.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Mau said...

Anonymous,

I like your contrarian comment and I appreciate your specifying why this would make you upset.

I would probably then suggest to the company running the ad to put a sign before the luggage clarifying that the luggage delivery was not delayed because of the "fake" luggage.

Thanks again for your comment

Mau in Austin

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just trying to make you think about all aspects.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mau said...

Anonymous,

that's a great side of this blog: I can get input from readers like you and learn more.

Thank you again and if you are around Austin, drop me a line: I will make sure no fake luggage will show up on the airport carousel :)

Mau in Austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home