Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I tell you why you need to tell me why…

It is fascinating to me the fact that some marketers still do not understand a cardinal rule of human behavior: people is more likely to do what you ask if you tell them why they should do it…

Now, I am sure many of you are now thinking "“Duh this is so basic that it i’s almost stupid". Please bear with me, I will show you that it's not that understood.

You can see it every day: messages saying "Make sure to specify our brand" or "Ask us about engine cleaning" or "Call for a free quotation on a steam carpet cleaning".

Why? Why should I do what I am asked for? People beg for reasons. Of course they should be reason based on truth: I do not condonete or condon the use of lies... I make now some imaginary examples:

"“The average engine, if left unclean, breaks down after 50,000 miles. Ask us about engine cleaning" now I am motivated, I see why I should do it.

"“The Federal Agency EPA says that your home carpet, if not cleaned by ultra high temperature steam, will host 1 billion parasite per square inch: they will contribute to make you and your family sick. Ask us about steam carpet cleaningÂ"

Sure sometimes there is no space: then make it ultra short "An “unclean engine do break down: we can clean it"."“Unclean carpets can make your children sick: we can steam clean them".

I finish the posting with a real life receipt got at the gas station: "Ask us about our service repairs". Why? Are they cheaper, faster, smarter, with longer warranty, made by more professional personnel, than others?

IMGP2089

Till next time,

Mau in Austin

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, troppo vero! fighissimo il tuo blog!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Mau said...

dear anonymous,

thank you very much for your comment.
I translate for our vast audience, now probably reaching the million mark (yeah, right) in non-Italian speaking countries.
Anonymous says "Man, so true! Your blog is great!"
Obviously Anonymous is a great friend of mine, making sure my psychological needs are well taking care of :)

We all can use great friends.

Thanx for the support !

Mau in Austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home