Smart (Business) Ideas - Forward to friends, please...

I share here high-return, low-risk Marketing & Sales ideas: the goal is to generate more profit for your business, with no risky downside. As I am trying to build traffic, I'd appreciate if you could forward this page to your friends (smartideas.blogspot.com). Thank you !

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Six Flags Talks Benefits, not Features

Last week I took one day off and went to Six Flags in Houston: what a great day of fun. There were virtually no lines at the rides and me and my girlfriend had a fantastic time: I almost felt guilty about not having to wait at any roller coaster…

On our way to the park, a big advertising panel got my attention (see pictures).
Note: you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

IMGP2092

IMGP2092 cropped

I was very surprised to see the benefits stated in such a clear way: no complicated lingo, no “features” listings, but a series of reasons in my interest for considering the purchase of the season pass.

Bottom line: I commend Six Flags for their marketing smart: what a refreshing example of intelligent communication. Too often the sentence “Features tell, Benefits sell” is used, but in this example, Six Flags put that principle really at work.

Mau in Italy

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Skip Lineberg said...

I am very impressed with this sign! Mau, you are so right about this. Finding benefits in the promotional langauge is a rarity, sadly.

Skip

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mau said...

Skip,

I agree: it seems like being plain and simple is a sin... when on the other hand, a sincere, honest, candid statement of benefits is so much more effective.

And it does not create the distrust barrier: the benefits are there, clear and simple.

Mau in Italy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home